weeeee!!!

I have a problem, and that is I own a ps3. Aside from the fact that it is a very expensive system to own, I want to hate it, but I just can't help loving it. every night. The exact the contra positive is true with my wii.

The problem i have with loving the wii is, of course, the games. or lack thereof I should say. the hardware is fascinating and fun to play with but there's only so much you can take of wii sports. there are some great games on the wii, some of which i haven't played yet (super Mario galaxy, world of goo). But the vast majority of wii games are shovelware, mass produced to make a quick buck off of the wii's popularity. Not only that, but there are very few games for the wii that are good. With only 8 games having scores of 90 or more 3 of which are ports and one is wiiware. its great that a wiiware game can be that good, but its kind of sad when a budget indie game can beat out most of the disc-based games. The other 4 are first- or second- party games, which, lets face it, Nintendo has pretty much become a shrine to itself. Most of the great games on nintendo systems from N64 onward have been developed by nintendo or one if its subsidiary companies. The other end of the spectrum shows almost 100 games with scores of less than 50

This being said, I will gladly lend my voice to the choir singing to nintendo: Where's the games?!

~Ben

Update: Perhaps I should explain my love/hate for PS3: in a nutshell it represents everything I hate about the gaming community. the least of which is not the 'graphics over gameplay' mentality that too many people have. Also the ps3 has a ridiculous amount of shooters, which I'm horrible at (especially the first-person variety). But looking at numbers alone: 12 games with scores of 90+ and only about 30 with scores of less than 50.

0 comments: